Annelie has been practicing yoga for most of her life and her first experience of yoga was practicing the ‘lion breath’ at around the age of six with her parents. Over the years, Annelie has experimented with yoga styles ranging from hatha and Iyengar to ashtanga, kundalini and vinyasa flow.
In 2010, Annelie began her yoga teacher training with Angela Ashwin and the British Wheel of Yoga (BWY). Annelie qualified as a Hatha yoga teacher with BWY in 2013. Annelie’s style of teaching incorporates the BWY teaching traditions of asana and pranayama into her classes but also brings her own distinctive style to her classes, largely influenced by ashtanga and vinyasa flow. Annelie also incorporates chakra healing techniques into her yoga classes.
Annelie undertook a transcendental meditation course in 2013 and likes to incorporate a short meditation practice at the end of her classes to enable her students to experience the benefits of mediation.
Annelie also practices holistic healing. Annelie is a Reiki Master Level 3 practitioner and a Swedish Massage therapist. Annelie also likes working with crystals and cards. Annelie is studying nutritional healing and crystal healing. Annelie recently trained to be an Aura Mediator and can carry out Aura Transformations.
Annelie currently teaches the following types of yoga in Exeter:
Yoga for Adults
- Yoga for cyclists, runners and athletes. These classes incorporate yoga and breathing practices with an emphasis on releasing and healing the muscles and joint pain that people who participate in sports practices often suffer from.
- Chakra Flow Yoga. These classes are focus on the seven main chakras and include a range of yoga, breathing and meditation practices that release blockages in the body and energy systems in the body.
- Hatha Flow Yoga. These classes incorporate the traditional hatha yoga postures and working in sequences with movement with the breath.
- 1-2-1 Yoga classes. Annelie teaches 1-2-1 yoga classes at St Luke’s Church Rooms and can teach 1-2-1 in other venues as required
- Private bookings – Annelie is available to teach yoga on retreats, special events, festivals or for sports groups.
- Meditation. If you would like to learn to meditate please contact Annelie to book a meditation course
Annelie is also available for bookings for treatments for Reiki, Swedish massage, Aura Transformation, crystal healing and guidance readings.